Responsibilities and competency of the Inspectorate
The main purpose of the Inspectorate as a unit for internal administrative control is to assist the Minister of Energy in carrying out his supervisory functions in accordance to the ministry and its second level units. The Inspectorate makes investigations following annually approved plan, as well as by citizens' signals.
The work of the Inspectorate is mainly focused on the objective, unbiased and accurate clarification of the investigated cases and proposition of measures for prevention and elimination of violations in the administration and prevention and limitation of corruption:
- assists the Minister in terms of implementation of the measures from the annual programs for realization of the Strategy for prevention and combating corruption;
- supervises in accordance with the Law on prevention of conflicts of interests and supports the Minister in taking specific actions;
- carries out activities related to monitoring, prevention and revealing of corruption practices, including cases of fraud and irregularities in the Ministry and its secondary level units;
- examines and investigates signals for corruption practices and other violations, illegal or improper acts or omissions of employees at the Ministry and secondary level units, illegal or improper activity or inactivity of the employees of the Ministry and reports the results; analyses the causes and conditions and proposes measures to correct them; prepares and sends answers to the senders of signals;
- sends signals to the prosecuting authorities when there is an evidence of an offense;
- verifies the compliance of the internal for the organization of the work process in the administration;
- may propose disciplinary proceedings for violations of duties and code of conduct for public officials and internal ministry acts;
- monitors the compliance of the recommendations of external audit and control authorities;
- analyses the effectiveness of the examined sites;
- assesses the risk of corruption;
- perform other activities related to administrative control, imposed by the regulations or assigned by the Minister.